Finance Business Partner
We are seeking a Financial Business Partner in Te Whanganui-a-Tara (Wellington).
Applications close 13 September
- 18 month Fixed term opportunity
- Based in Wellington
- Competitive salary + 5 weeks annual leave
E totoka ai te tumu o te papatipu hei oranga mō Te Iwi Māori, o mua, o naianei, o anamata hoki. Ko Te Tumu Paeroa tēnei, te kaitiaki, kaitaunaki, kaiwhakawhanake i te mana o ngā whenua Māori, huri noa. So that the foundations of ancestral lands may be solid, benefitting Māori from our past, present and future alike. This is Te Tumu Paeroa, guardian, support and advancer of the mana of Māori land everywhere.
The Financial Business Partner is a new position that has been developed to support our busy Finance Team.
He angitūtanga: About the role:
The Financial Business Partner is primarily responsible for partnering with the Trusts & Property business team, HR team, Asset Management and FEP team to plan, organise, and monitor business activities.
This also includes:
- Ensuring the provision of timely and accurate information and business support to assist financial and operational decision-making and management
- Assisting with the design and execution of processes/tool/systems that will enhance the budgeting and business performance monitoring and reporting for larger trusts
- Supporting the enterprise auditing processes, the annual tax process and liaising with regional managers on financial reporting for trusts
- Supporting the HR team with review of the payroll and complex payroll transactions
- Support the budgeting, performance monitoring and monthly reporting by our operating enterprises
- Ensuring that financial systems and processes continue to meet the needs of the business
- Support the procurement processes, cost recovery and reporting by the Farm Environmental Plan (FEP) Actions team
- Monitoring and checking the Te Tumu Paeroa payroll
He korero mou: What we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or similar is essential
- 5 years commercial accounting experience or similar project accounting preferably in a large corporate
- Exposure to working alongside teams outside finance, project management and a strong understanding of finance processes.
- Full CA/CPA membership a bonus
- Positive outlook, ability to work in small high performing team and maintain strong working relationships
- You will be comfortable managing a dynamic and varied workload with differing priorities and deadlines
- A desire and ability to practice Te Reo and an understanding of Tikanga Māori on a day to day level
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand is essential.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join a supportive organisation that values work-life balance and career development. We are a tight-knit bunch, passionate about supporting Māori landowners to protect and enhance their land. The expertise and fresh perspectives you bring will be highly valued and will be critical in enabling our vision.
Please apply via SEEK and attach a covering letter and CV
Applications close 5:00pm Monday 13 September 2021.