Rural Compliance Specialist | Mātanga Tūtohu Taiwhenua
We are seeking a Rural Compliance Specialist | Mātanga Tūtohu Taiwhenua, based in Kirikiriroa (Hamilton), Te Whanganui-a-Tara (Wellington) or Whanganui.
Applications close Thursday 5 May (5.00pm)
- Full time permanent position, based in Kirikiriroa (Hamilton), Te Whanganui-a-tara (Wellington) or Whanganui
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
E totoka ai te tumu o te papatipu hei oranga mō Te Iwi Māori, o mua, o naianei, o anamata hoki.
Ko Te Tumu Paeroa tēnei, te kaitiaki, kaitaunaki, kaiwhakawhanake i te mana o ngā whenua Māori, huri noa.
So that the foundations of ancestral lands may be solid, benefitting Māori from our past, present and future alike. This is Te Tumu Paeroa, guardian, support and advancer of the mana of Māori land everywhere.
He angitūtanga | About the Role:
No two days are the same! Are you passionate about land management? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? Are you flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities? Well this role may be for you!
The Rural Compliance Specialist is primarily responsible for:
- Ensuring that whenua managed by Te Tumu Paeroa is compliant with current regulations.
- That upcoming regulatory changes are identified and their impacts to whenua are understood and planned for.
- Working collaboratively with the Asset Management Team, Regional Managers, Property Specialists, Trust Specialists and other stakeholders to identify best land use options and development opportunities for both whenua and owners.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join a supportive organisation that values work life balance and career development. We are a tight-knit bunch, passionate about supporting Māori landowners to protect and enhance their land. The expertise and fresh perspectives you bring will be valued highly, and will be critical in enabling our vision.
He kōrero mou | What we are looking for:
Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with agricultural businesses and/or the agriculture sector is essential
- Understanding of current agricultural compliance requirements
- A demonstrated can-do, proactive attitude with an ability to foster this in others
- The ability to get along and work with a wide range of people including customers both internally and externally
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Me pēhea te tono | How to apply:
Please via SEEK attaching your CV and a covering letter.
Applications close Thursday 5 May 5.00pm.